MSDCA Summer Camp 2022
MSDCA Summer Camp with Dave Whatmore
MS DHONI CRICKET ACADEMY is organizing a Cricket Summer Camp during this April / May 2022. Our summer camps will be like clinics or workshops in which comprehensive and all-round skill development will be conducted.
This offers an opportunity for all the young, budding & enthusiastic cricketers to learn and experience a unique coaching program which will enhance their game skills as well as their physical fitness and mental skills too. The students will be undergoing training in all the four departments of the game: Technical; Tactical; Physical and Mental sides of cricket. There will be plenty of match simulation sessions through which the students can get the feel of playing matches in different situations.
Our coaching program is a well-structured coaching program designed by senior and experienced coaches from around the country under the mentorship of MS DHONI himself. It based on the philosophy of LONG-TERM SKILL DEVELOPMENT. Coaching will be executed by qualified and certified coaches who are well trained in the ‘MSDCA WAY OF COACHING’.
Highlights of the summer camp coaching program:
- Video analysis and correction coaching program
- Batting, bowling, fielding basic skills
- Advanced skills of the game
- Special T-20 skills like improvisations, bowling variations
- Sports diet & nutrition lecture
- Goal setting lecture
- Sports motivation lecture.
Cricket is a game through it we practice essential Life skills like partnership, cooperation, leadership qualities, stress management, handling pressure and bouncing back from setbacks. Our summer camp offers a comprehensive experience to the student which enhances their life as a whole.
Come and have a lifetime experience at MS DHONI CRICKET ACADEMY this summer.
Contact Number: 8448183607 / 8448183608
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Davenell (Dav) Whatmore, is a former Australian international cricketer best known to the cricket world as an acclaimed coach.
- Dav was the mastermind behind Sri Lanka’s famous 1996 World Cup victory.
- in 2008 Dav was appointed as the Director of Cricket by BCCI at the National Cricket Academy. The unforgettable and memorable ICC Under-19 World Cup championship by Virat Kohli’s Under-19 team in 2008 was crafted under the able guidance and mentorship of Dav.
- Dav was also the national coach of Pakistan senior men’s team.
- Recently Dav was Nepal International team’s head coach.
Dav Whatmore : Topics For MSDCA Camps
1. How to play cricket which includes tips on batting, bowling, wicket keeping
- Importance of grip, stance, backlift.
- Judgement of line, length, trajectory, swing/drift & lateral movement for FF shots – drive, defence, glance, flick, step out & drive.
- Judgement of line, length, trajectory, lateral movement, bounce & pace for BF shots – defence, drive, glance.
- Judgement of length, bounce, pace for Power shots – sweep, pull, sq cut, hook.
- Importance of good Running Technique in run up
- Importance of sound bowling action
- Importance of good wrist position at release
- Importance of physical fitness for fast bowlers
- Importance of strong core
- Importance of lower body strength
- Importance of anticipation & out of the box thinking for a wk
- Importance of basic catching techniques
- Importance of understanding the height, depth & force of the ball
2. Seperate sessions on batting, bowling & wicket keeping with advanced cricketers.
- Building innings in shorter format
- Building innings in longer format
- Gear shifting & accelleration
- Power hitting
- Variations & its usage
- Mastering the stock ball
- Consistency & control
- Mental application
- Anticipation & taking initiative
- Direct hits percentage
- Converting half chances
- Self conduct
- Goal setting
- Setting priorities
- Being ready for opportunities
- Concentration & focus
- Anxiety control techniques
- Managing stress & pressure
- Bouncing back from failures
- Passion for the game
- Helping nature
- Team building
- Lead by self example
- Identifying perceptual cues of opponents
- Reading match situations
- Control on technique to execute the tactics
- Out of the box thinking
- Courage to execute
- Building up of the 1996 Sri Lanka team
- Virat Kohli’s famous 2008 U-19 WC championship